Student Health Fee
This fee automatically appears on your semester bill if you are taking more than six credit hours.
If you have fewer hours, you must pay the fee to receive services.
The fee covers consultations with medical and mental health providers as well as health
promotion and wellness programs. It is not insurance.
Services/procedures not covered by the pre-paid health fee include, but are not limited to:
- lab tests
- costs associated with referral appointments
Charges not covered by the fee may be paid by cash, check, credit card or they will be
automatically billed to your student account.
The health fee is available for spouses; however, dependent children are not eligible to use the Health Center. Call (573) 882.9116 for more information.
Services covered are subject to change
It is important for you to understand that the health fee is not insurance. Sometimes you may require testing or procedures that are not covered by the health fee.
However, we are happy to file insurance claims for any carrier except Medicare or Medicaid. We are a participating provider with the University-sponsored program, Aetna Student Health. All other carriers consider us out of network and may limit or prohibit payment.
- It is the student’s responsibility to contact the insurance carrier concerning coverage of medical care while away from home.
- Insurance is required for all international students, regardless of the number of credit hours.
- Insurance is strongly recommended for domestic students.
- Insurance may help pay for charges incurred at urgent care, emergency room and hospitalization.
We've created a video about how insurance typically works in the United States. Take a look and if you still have questions, contact our insurance department at (573) 882-9116 or by email.