Susan Even, MD
Executive Director, Student Health Center •MU Campus Chief Health Officer • Medical Provider
(573) 882-7481 • Fax: (573) 882-5370
1020 Hitt St.
University Physicians Medical Bldg., 4th floor
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65212
Degrees & certifications
Medical Doctor • Board-Certified Family Medicine
University of Missouri, Family Medicine Residency
University of Missouri, (MD)
Cornell College, Biology (BA)
Dr. Susan Even has worked at the Center since 1984, and has been the Center’s director since 1989.
“I love that my patients are students,” she says. “It's rewarding to help them manage their problems, whatever they are, so they can be successful academically and move forward in the direction they want their lives to go.”
Now that her sons are grown, Dr. Even spends more time outdoors working in the garden and tending to bluebird nesting boxes. She's a big supporter of Columbia’s We Always Swing Jazz events and, whenever possible, goes to the RagTag Theater as well as makes time for the True/False Film festival in March.
Implementation of screening for depression, anxiety and substance use; implementation of immunization requirements and TB screening and testing in colleges and universities
- Ambulatory Care Experience (ACE) program
- Contemplating Medicine, Patients, Self and Society (COMPASS) Program
- American College Health Association Chair, Vaccine Preventable Disease Advisory Committee
- American College Health Association liaison to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices
- Presents in MU School of Medicine curriculum, including 2nd year medical students in their procedure block
Student mentoring projects
- Student Health Advisory Council (SHAC) co-sponsor
- American Medical Women’s Association sponsor
Presentations and lectures
- American College Health Association presentations regarding TB screening and testing
policies and creating a health care environment that is welcoming to transgender students.
- Balancing medicine and Personal Life
Honors and awards
- MU School of Medicine Staff Advisory Committee, Excellence in Teamwork Award, April 2015
- American College Health Association Fellow, June 2014