Scott Henderson, MD
Director, Medical Services • Medical Provider
(573) 882-7481 • Fax: (573) 882-5370
1020 Hitt St.
University Physicians Medical Bldg., 4th floor
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65212
Degrees & certifications
Medical Doctor • Board-Certified Family Medicine
University of Kansas School of Medicine - Wichita (Fellowship)
University of Wyoming - Cheyenne (Family Medicine Residency)
University of Missouri – Kansas City (MD)
Since 2010, Scott Henderson has been the Health Center's Director of Medical Services. Prior to joining the Health Center, Dr. Henderson taught and practiced in a post-graduate medical education setting for 22 years.
A life-long Tiger fan, Dr. Henderson is excited about all the opportunities the University and Columbia have to offer. “I'm excited about my position at the MU Student Health Center and the opportunity to care for students in a college-health setting.”
- Henderson ST. Dyspareunia. In: Domino FJ: The 5 – Minute Clinical Consult. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins; 2016.
- Henderson ST. Fever of Unknown Origin. In: Domino FJ: The 5 – Minute Clinical Consult. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins; 2016.
- Henderson ST. Induction of Labor. In: Pfenninger JL, Fowler GC, ed: Procedures for Primary Care. St. Louis, Mosby, Inc; 2012.
- Henderson ST. Paracervical Block. In: Pfenninger JL, Fowler GC, ed: Procedures for Primary Care. St. Louis, Mosby – Year Book, Inc.; 2012.
- Crandal DK, Brokel JM, Schwichtenberg T, Henderson S, Haskins R, Wakefield D, Ward M, Dixon BE: Case Study: Redesigning Care Delivery Through Health IT Implementation-Trinity Health’s Approach. JHIM, 21,4:41-8, 2007.
- Ambulatory Care Experience (ACE) program
- Contemplating Medicine, Patients, Self and Society (COMPASS) Program
- Residency Rotations
- American College Health Association Continuing Medical Education Subcommittee (member)
Presentations and lectures
- Health Information Technology and the College Health Center. Presentation at the
Central College Health Association 2013 Annual Meeting. Columbia, MO. March 27, 2013.
- Case Studies in Travel Health. Presentation at the Central College Health
Association 2013 Annual Meeting. Columbia, MO. March 27, 2013.
- TRANSforming Health Care: Making Your Student Health Center More Inclusive for Transgender Students.
Co-presentation at the Annual Meeting of the American College Health Association. Chicago, Illinois. May 31, 2012.
Honors and awards
MU School of Medicine Staff Advisory Committee, Excellence in Teamwork Award, April 2015