Always call 911 in a life-threatening situation or go the nearest emergency department.
To respect your busy schedule and those of your fellow students, we require you to call ahead for an appointment. We can typically get you in the same day or the next day.
- Medical appointments: Call 573-882-7481
- Psychiatry appointments: Call 573-882-1483
- Fax 573-882-5370
- Hours of operation
The ability to pay is not a barrier to receiving health care at Student Health Center. Staff will work with you if you have billing concerns. Learn more about our financial assistance policy.
On-Campus Vaccination Events
COVID Vaccines available for all Mizzou employees and students at the following walk-up events:
- Friday, Dec. 3, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. in the MU Student Center
- Friday, Dec. 10, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. in N103 Memorial Union (Stotler Lounge)
Note: Line priority will be given to employees (faculty, staff and student employees) needing to comply with the federal COVID-19 vaccination mandate.
Both one and two-dose series vaccines and booster shots (Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson) will be available. Information regarding second or booster shot availability will be provided at the site.
Health Care Options Over Winter Break
The Student Health Center will be closed Dec. 24, 2021–Jan. 2, 2022.
For severe or potentially life-threatening emergencies, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
If you have an urgent need, call the 24/7 nurse line (573-882-7481) for advice about how to care for an illness or injury at home or to receive guidance about whether and how soon you should see a healthcare provider.
Primary medical and psychiatric care
- Colds, flu, acute illnesses and injuries, ongoing and chronic medical conditions, minor procedures including skin biopsies, lesion removal, laceration repair, etc.
- Health maintenance and preventive services
- Systemic screening for depression, anxiety, alcohol and substance use
- Same/next day appointments
Sexual health ad reproductive health services
STI testing and treatment, contraception, medication for HIV prevention (PrEP), annual exams, etc.
Flu shots, COVID-19 vaccines and other immunizations (including travel immunizations)
24-hour phone nurse
Confidential services – HIPAA-covered entity