For services not covered by the health fee, the Student Health Center submits charges to your insurance. We contract with most major insurance networks through University Physicians and their billing experts.
In accordance with your specific health insurance plan, the Health Center collects appropriate copays and provides the documentation required to file your insurance claims.
We suggest these 5 questions
- To see if your policy is in network with the MU Student Health Center, ask: Is my insurance plan in network with University Physicians (tax ID# 900294051)? If your insurance company has difficulty finding University Physicians in network, please contact our insurance office at 573-882-9107 for help.
- If your insurance doesn’t offer coverage in Columbia, ask: What are my out-of-network benefits?
- Can I change my coverage (i.e. away-from-home care) while attending the University of Missouri?
- What is my deductible and copay?
- What is the coverage after the deductible is met, including behavioral health benefits?
Insurance is required for all international students and is strongly recommended for domestic students. If you don’t have insurance, you may still use the Student Health Center. You will be given information about discounts and other financial guidance.