Your Student Health Fee
The health fee is required for all students enrolled in fall or spring semesters taking seven or more credit hours. Those not required may choose to pay the health fee to receive covered services.
Services Covered by Health Fee
- Annual flu shot
- Annual sexually transmitted infections (STI) screening for chlamydia and gonorrhea
- Behavioral health consultation during medical visits
- Referrals to SHC psychiatrists. If more than four visits in a semester are needed, charges may be filed to insurance
- After-hours phone nurse
The health fee also supports ongoing campus public health efforts to maintain a healthy and safe campus through monitoring and upholding the university’s immunization and TB policy:
- All incoming students’ immunization records are reviewed to verify appropriate measles, mumps, rubella and meningitis vaccines.
- Students with risk factors for TB are tested and provided treatment if needed
- During outbreaks, health center officials coordinate campus public health measures with University Health Care Infection Control, MU Office of Emergency Management, Columbia/Boone Country Health and Human Services, Boone County Office of Emergency Management, the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Reminder: The health fee is not the same as health insurance. Learn how insurance works at the Student Health Center.