Health & Wellness Coach
Degrees and certifications
Masters of Education • Wellness Mapping 360°© • Health & Life Coach Certification • Kripalu 200 RYT Yoga and Meditation Instructor • Kripalu Meditation Instructor • Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES®) • Certified Relax and Renew® Restorative Yoga
- University of Missouri, Health Promotion & Wellness (M.Ed.)
- William Woods University, Educational Interpreter Training (BA)
- University of Northern Colorado, Psychology (BA)
Andrea is an experienced health educator with a demonstrated history of working in the University health care industry. She is skilled in wellness coaching, mindfulness, yoga and student development leadership. She has a strong community focus and is a social services professional with a Master of Education (M.Ed.) concentrated in health pPromotion and wellness from University of Missouri.
As an adjunct factulyt and health coach, she enjoys helping students build on their strengths and develop the necessary life skills that allow them to flourish. She integrates mindfulness with wellness education, which makes for an effective approach that students find beneficial. Leading mindful yoga classes on campus is equally rewarding for her and the students she serves. Andrea is also a trained Green Dot facilitator for bystander intervention training.
Health Coach for sleep, nutrition & exercise, drug and alcohol reduction, stress reduction and smoking cessation, contemplative practices for stress management and wellness
- The impact of meditation on the Autonomic nervous system (parasympathetic & sympathetic)
- Neoroplasticity through training and experience with contemplative practices
Selected grants and awards
- Mizzou Advantage Staff Development Award
- Graduate Student Association, International Symposia for Contemplative Studies
- Heather Eastman-Mueller, Terry Wilson, Ae-Kyung Jung, Andrea Kimura, and Jeff Tarrant (2013) iRest Yoga-Nidra on the College Campus: Changes in Stress, Depression, Worry, and Mindfulness. International Journal of Yoga Therapy: January 2013, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 15-24.
- Health coach for integrated health care services
- Mindful yoga & meditation instructor for the Contemplative Practice Center
- Breathe & SHAPE, peer education organizations, advisor
Presentations and lectures
- Mizzou Advantage Day Poster Presentation: “Contemplative Studies in Higher Education: Balancing Old and New Transformational Technologies,” Spring 2012
- National Commission for Health Education Credentialing
- Yoga Alliance
1020 Hitt St.
University Physicians Medical Bldg., 4th floor
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65212