- University of Missouri, Family Medicine Residency
- University of Missouri, (MD)
- Cornell College, Biology (BA)
Dr. Susan Even has worked at the Center since 1984, and has been the Center’s director since 1989.
“I love that my patients are students,” she says. “It’s rewarding to help them manage their problems, whatever they are, so they can be successful academically and move forward in the direction they want their lives to go.”
Now that her sons are grown, Dr. Even spends more time outdoors working in the garden and tending to bluebird nesting boxes. She’s a big supporter of Columbia’s We Always Swing Jazz events and, whenever possible, goes to the RagTag Theater as well as makes time for the True/False Film festival in March.
Providing treatment for students with anxiety, depression and eating disorders. Supporting health needs of transgender and gender non-conforming, students in collaboration with behavioral health professionals.
- Ambulatory Care Experience (ACE) program
- Contemplating Medicine, Patients, Self and Society (COMPASS) Program
- American College Health Association Chair, Vaccine Preventable Disease Advisory Committee
- American College Health Association liaison to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices
- MU School of Medicine curriculum to 2nd year medical students in their procedure block
Student mentoring projects
- American Medical Women’s Association sponsor
- Anderson L, Eastman-Mueller H, Henderson S., Even S. Man Up Monday: An Integrated Public Health Approach to Increase STI Testing Among Male Students at a Midwest University. J Am Coll Health, 6,2:147-151, 2016.
Presentations and lectures
- American College Health Association presentations regarding TB screening and testing policies, creating a health care environment that is welcoming to transgender students and managing mumps outbreaks.
- Presentations to public health class regarding immunizations
- CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunizations Practices.
Honors and awards
- MU Medical Alumni Distinguished Service Award April 2017
- MU School of Medicine Staff Advisory Committee, Excellence in Teamwork Award, April 2015
- American College Health Association Fellow, June 2014
1020 Hitt St.
University Physicians Medical Bldg., 4th floor
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65212