Appointments support a commitment to continuity
When you call 573-882-7481 you are typically given a same- or next-day appointment with your chosen primary care provider (PCP). Keeping the same PCP allows you to maintain long-term relationships with medical professionals who know you and your medical history, and contributes to high quality of care and satisfaction.
The Student Health Center employs experienced board-certified family physicians and family nurse practitioners who focus on the care of adolescents and young adults and provide comprehensive health services.
Comprehensive primary care services
- Acute illnesses and injuries
- Ongoing and chronic medical and mental health conditions
- Minor procedures including skin biopsies, lesion removal, toe nail removal and laceration repair
- Co-managed with home town providers and specialists
- Allergy desensitization injections
- Chronic medication injections and intravenous infusions
- Health maintenance and preventive services
- Systematic screening for depression, anxiety, alcohol and substance use
- Referral to behavioral health consultants during medical visits
- Link to campus and community resources
- Referral to Counseling Center for therapy
- Sexual health services
- Reproductive health care
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI testing) and treatment
- Medication for HIV Prevention (PrEP)
- Health services for transgender persons including starting and maintaining transition hormone therapy
- Preparation for travel abroad
- Referral to specialists when appropriate
- University of Missouri Health Care (outpatient specialty care, emergency or hospital)
- Other community or regional specialists
- Your student health fee covers an annual flu shot and STI test.
- All other medical services are billed to insurance.
- Learn more about your student health fee and insurance.