How do I request a SHAPE Program?
- Please fill out the presentation request form. Once submitted, we will forward your information to the SHAPE peers educators. At our following weekly meeting we will assign someone to accommodate your request. They should confirm with you shortly after the meeting.
- Please request your program at least two weeks in advance. We get a lot of requests, so it helps us to plan a better program for you if we know about it early.
- You may also call the SHAPE office at 573-882-1417 and leave a message for the SHAPE Outreach Coordinator and indicate you are requesting a program and someone will return your call within 48 hours of the request.
- You may stop by the SHAPE office in the Health Promotion & Wellness Department in the Student Health Center, Room 0302 University Physicians Medical Bldg. (ground level)
- Talk with the SHAPE Outreach Coordinator about what kind of program you’d like. It helps if you have some ideas before you call. The more specific you can be about the kind of program you’d like, the better able we are to plan for it. Here’s a list of common programs and emphasis areas we do to get you started:
- Check out all our programs
A Note for Special Program Requests
We work very hard to tailor all our programs to meet your group’s specific needs. Therefore, if your group or organization has a specific content area need that is not indicated in the programs below we would be happy to accommodate you. Please describe your special concerns in the Special Needs/Requests section of the Online Request Form or individually with the SHAPE Outreach Coordinator.
Here’s what you can expect from a SHAPE presentation:
- An e-mail a few days before the program date to confirm the request and to finalize any necessary details
- Two peer educators with extensive training in sexual health issues and presentation skills to present your program
- A timely program conducted within your requested parameters
- Time for questions, answers and discussion
- Educational materials, information and resources to enhance your programming needs
- Packages of safety products which include educational material and information about campus sexual health resources
- We’re happy to present your program, but expect the individual(s) who requested to program to advertise to their student group
- A good time and a lot of good sexual health information!
SHAPE’s Policy on Tardiness
To be respectful of everyone’s time SHAPE peers will arrive at least 10-15 minutes before the program and will begin on time. If students are not organized or ready to begin on time SHAPE peers are instructed to leave and reschedule any programs for a future date. Please be there and be ready to begin at the scheduled time.