ADHD Assessment Scheduling
Scheduling an evaluation with the MU Assessment and Consultation Clinic
Once an MU Student Health Consult/Referral form has been received by the MU Thompson Center, a staff member will contact you within two business days by telephone to
- Answer any questions you have about the evaluation process.
- Discuss evaluation costs, payment plans, health insurance coverage and insurance preauthorization.
- Discuss the process of scheduling the evaluation appointment.
Once an evaluation appointment has been scheduled, the ACC will
- Send an evaluation packet by mail with forms for you to complete in advance of your appointment and for you to bring with you on the day of your appointment.
- Keep you informed about your health insurance coverage and the evaluation cost estimates.
- Contact you by telephone (with your consent) as a reminder a few days in advance of your appointment.
Fees and Insurance
While ACC professional staff members are mental health providers for most health insurance plans, the level of health insurance benefits for a specific evaluation can vary widely from plan to plan, due to coverage limitations and deductible amounts. The ACC will work with referred students in advance of the evaluation appointment to communicate with the insurance company and provide a reasonable estimate of patient costs prior to the evaluation. For convenience, any portion of the evaluation cost not covered by health insurance benefits may be paid by cash, check, money order or credit card.
In some cases, depending on the student’s financial aid information contained in the FAFSA, the cost of the evaluation may be included in the student’s existing financial aid package. On a case-by-case basis, a financial aid adviser may review family changes after the FAFSA has been submitted with the previous year’s information. If a major change occurs in your financial situation, you may submit an appeal to the Financial Aid Office for review of your situation. Examples include a change in income, a change in marital status and/or a change in major medical expenses. Students wishing to include the cost of the evaluation in their financial aid package are strongly encouraged to consult with their financial aid advisor prior to participating in the evaluation.
In advance of the evaluation appointment
- Visit MU Financial Aid Office to determine the name of your financial aid advisor.
- Contact your financial aid advisor to inquire whether the medical expenses related to the evaluation are likely to result in an adjustment of your existing financial aid package.
- Financial aid package decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.