Our staff consists of licensed psychologists and licensed clinical social workers who provide individual and group counseling. We work within an integrated model of care: psychologists and social workers collaborate with psychiatrists, primary care physicians, advanced nurse practitioners, nurses, dieticians and other health care professionals working together to provide comprehensive and individually tailored care.
Our psychologists and social workers have extensive experience working with issues related to:
- transition to college
- stress management
- bipolar disorder
- relationship strain
- substance use
- eating/body image concerns
- sexual assault
- autism spectrum disorders
- family issues
- We also specialize in working with common issues faced by LGBTQ, culturally diverse and international students.
We typically use a brief therapy model aimed at increasing academic and relationship functioning and overall psychological well-being, so that students are able to succeed academically.
Behavioral Health Triage and Case Management
- 20- to 30-minute appointment with a licensed clinical social worker or psychologist
- Questionnaires about concerns
- The goal is to identify an action plan specific to you
- Recommendations may include:
- follow-up appointments with one of our psychologists, social workers and/or referral to one of our groups.
- and/or referrals to a psychiatrist, physician, advanced nurse practitioner, nurse, dietician, health educator or to adjunctive services
- adjunctive services could include stress reduction classes, biofeedback, meditation or yoga.
- Students seeking weekly or long-term therapy and those who would benefit from more intensive or specialized care are generally referred to community resources.